Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 13.3% lower against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 1:00 AM Eastern on February 8th. One Monero coin can now be bought for approximately $278.84 or 0.02819430 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Braziliex, OKEx, Livecoin and Exrates. Over the last week, Monero has traded 4.3% lower against the US dollar. Monero has a market cap of $4.39 billion and approximately $94.97 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 8.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0047 or 0.00000048 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 13.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0195 or 0.00000197 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 13.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.51 or 0.00035468 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 18.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.50 or 0.00015123 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 2.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.87 or 0.00029000 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 9.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.04 or 0.00010554 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 8.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0087 or 0.00000088 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00001838 BTC.
Monero (XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,752,516 coins. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Kraken, Bittrex, Poloniex, SouthXchange, Bitfinex, Cryptomate, Mercatox, Gate.io, BTC-Alpha, Coinroom, Bithumb, LiteBit.eu, Tux Exchange, Qryptos, Exrates, Livecoin, OKEx, Abucoins, Cryptox, Bisq, Braziliex, Cryptopia, Exmo, Binance, Upbit and HitBTC. It is not currently possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.